Makes: 10 Servings
12 Lasagne pieces, uncooked
1 lb ground beef, pork or turkey
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 15oz cans tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
2 tbsps red wine vinegar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp prepared mustard
1 tsp liquid smoke flavouring
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
10 oz package frozen corn, thawed, reserving 1/4 cup
15 oz container part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup egg substitute
3/4 cup shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Spray skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
3. Add beef and onions, saute until beef is no longer pink and onions are soft.
4. Drain well.
5. Combine tomato sauce, water, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, smoke
flavouring and red pepper in a medium bowl.
6. Add to skillet with corn; mix well and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, partially covered.
7. Combine ricotta cheese and egg substitute.
8. Preheat oven to 350 F.
9. Spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture over the bottom of a 9 x13-inch baking pan that has been
coated with cooking spray.
10. Arrange 4 pieces of lasagne, lengthwise, over the sauce.
11. Cover with 1 ½ cups of sauce.
12. Spread half the ricotta on top.
13. Arrange another 4 pieces of lasagne over ricotta and top with another 1 1/2 cups sauce.
14. Spread remaining ricotta on top.
15. Arrange final 4 pieces of lasagne over ricotta and cover with remaining sauce.
16. Cover lasagne with foil and bake 30 minutes.
17. Remove from oven, and let stand, covered for 10 minutes.
18. Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover, and let stand 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- SESAME BEEF/PORK/CHICKEN
- MONGOLIAN BEEF
- BEIJING SWEET AND TANGY BEEF
- PASTA AND BEEF SALAD
- BEEF STEW
- STEAMED CHICKEN LASAGNE WITH TOMATO SAUCE
- APPLE LASAGNE
- BUFFALO CHICKEN LASAGNE
- Roasted vegetable lasagne
- Spicy linguine, beef and broccoli
- Green and white lasagne
- Vegetable lasagne
- Veggie pesto lasagne
- Beef tenderloin fettuccine
- Orange zest lasagne
- Mediterranean lasagne
- Beef marinade pasta salad
- Spaghetti beef stir-fry
- FRIED RICE
- CHINESE EGG SOUP
- FRIED RICE SHOYU
- CHICKEN FRIED RICE
- CHICKEN & MUSHROOM RICE
- CHOW FRIED RICE
- CHINESE FRIED RICE
- FRIED RICE (CHOW FUN)
- FIVE-SPICE MEATBALLS
- JAPANESE SWEET RICE DUMPLINGS
- MICROWAVE RICE PILAF
- RICE PAPER WRAPPED CHICKEN