Makes: 6 Servings
24 Jumbo Shells, uncooked
2 cups low-sodium canned tomato sauce
1 10oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 3/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups low-fat, part skim ricotta cheese
3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
large pinch ground nutmeg
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water until completely
cool. Drain thoroughly.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F.
3. Squeeze as much water as possible from the thawed spinach.
4. In a large bowl, stir together the spinach. Mozzarella, ricotta, carrots, egg whites, pepper and
nutmeg until thoroughly blended.
5. Line the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with ½ cup tomato sauce.
6. Divide the ricotta mixture among the pasta shells, pressing the filling int o the shells with spoon
to completely fill each shell.
7. Arrange the shells side by side in a baking dish.
8. Coat the shells with an even layer of the remaining tomato sauce.
9. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
10. Bake until shells are tender and the sauce is bubbling, about 40 minutes.
- Broccoli stuffed shells
- Hot stuffed Nacho shells
- FRIED RICE
- CHINESE EGG SOUP
- FRIED RICE SHOYU
- CHICKEN FRIED RICE
- CHICKEN & MUSHROOM RICE
- CHOW FRIED RICE
- CHINESE FRIED RICE
- FRIED RICE (CHOW FUN)
- FIVE-SPICE MEATBALLS
- JAPANESE SWEET RICE DUMPLINGS
- MICROWAVE RICE PILAF
- RICE PAPER WRAPPED CHICKEN
- STEAMED GINGER RICE
- ASIAN PASTA TOSS
- SAUTE MANDARIN FISH GRAINS IN CRAB SHELLS
- ASIAN CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
- ASIAN CHICKEN AND NOODLES
- JAPANESE PASTA
- STEAMED PORK DUMPLINGS
- BOILED DUMPLINGS (JIAOZI)
- JUICY STEAMED DUMPLINGS
- STEAMED POT DUMPLINGS
- SAUTEED DUMPLINGS
- SHAPED DUMPLINGS (SHAO MAI)
- STEAMED CRYSTAL - FILLED DUMPLINGS
- SAUTEED DUMPLINGS (POT STICKERS)
- DEEP FRIED DOUGH STICKS