Makes: 6 Servings
1 lb Pasta
2 tbsps olive oil
1 cup onion, chopped
1 13.75 oz can roasted peppers, drained and chopped (2 large peppers)
1/2 cup drained whole can tomatoes
1/3 cup ricotta salata
6 anchovies, rinsed and patted dry
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
grated Parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top
1. Warm the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and saute 5 minutes, until softened.
3. Transfer the onion and garlic to the food processor bowl and add the roasted peppers, tomatoes,
ricotta salata and anchovies.
4. Process until pureed.
5. Stir in the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Toss with hot pasta, stirring in 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water, and serve immediately,
passing the Parmesan cheese separately.
- PASTA WITH CRAB SAUCE
- Pasta with salmon sauce
- Garden pasta with tomato sauce
- Pasta with tomato & meat sauce
- SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- MARINARA SAUCE
- SHRIMP IN GREEK TOMATO SAUCE & FETA
- SALTSA KIMA (GREEK MEAT SAUCE)
- GREEK WHITE SAUCE
- GREEK TOMATO SAUCE WITH OLIVE OIL
- BECHAMEL SAUCE
- SKORDALIA (GARLIC SAUCE)
- SKORTHALIA ME PATATES (GARLIC POTATO SAUCE)
- PENNE - TOMATO SAUCE & RICOTTA
- ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE
- LINGUINE WITH WHITE CLAM SAUCE
- SPAGHETTI & MEAT SAUCE
- MOSTACCIOLI AND SHRIMP WITH TANGERINE BASIL SAUCE
- RADIATORE WITH PUMPKIN SAUCE, TURKEY & CRANBERRIES
- STEAMED CHICKEN LASAGNE WITH TOMATO SAUCE
- FETTUCCINE WITH LIGHT ALFREDO SAUCE
- LINGUINE WITH SPICY THAI SHRIMP SAUCE
- Wagon wheels with tomato ale sauce
- DITALINI AND BEAN SAUCE
- Spaghetti with clam sauce
- Rigatoni in lamb sauce
- Chicken linguine and carribean sauce
- Southern marinara sauce
- Marinara sauce parmigiana
- Tomato sauce